WOSB certification is for businesses that want to bid on contracts in the public sector with the federal government. The United States Small Business Administration (SBA) has approved WBENC as a Third Party Certifier for Women Owned Small Business (WOSB) certification as part of the SBA’s WOSB federal Contracting Program. We offer the WOSB certification as a secondary certification at no additional fee.
Steps to WOSB Certification
- Apply for and be approved for WBENC WBE Certification
- As you are applying for WBENC WBE Certification, answer “YES” on the application when asked if you are interested in also applying for WOSB certification.
- As part of your WBENC WBE Certification application, you will be asked to provide 2 additional documents:
- Copy of your SAM (System for Award Management) registration card
- One of the following:
- IRS Form 941 for preceding 12 months
- W-3 transmittal of Wage & Tax statement for preceding year
- List of employees (if neither of first two items apply)
For help understanding government contracting, use the following resources:
Make an appointment with your regional PTAC office
SBA WOSB Customer Service: 1-800-827-5722 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SAM Help Desk: 1-866-606-8220 or www.fsd.gov
DUNS Customer Resource Center: 1-800-234-3867