Women Business Enterprise (WBE) owners can grow their businesses by certifying with the state’s Supplier Diversity Office (SDO). Certification enables your business to bid on contracts in the public sector with state government agencies.
The SDO’s mission is to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in state contracting for businesses owned by minorities, women, Portuguese, veterans, service-disabled veterans, those with a disability, and LGBT individuals, as well as small Massachusetts businesses.
While the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) also offers WBE certification, that only applies to private companies and contracts. For work in the public sector, you will need state certification such as that offered by the SDO.
Working with the Center for Women & Enterprise, the SDO offers a streamlined certification process for New England-based WBEs who are already certified through the WBENC. To apply, please follow the instructions below:
Steps to WBE Certification with the SDO
- If you are not already certified through the WBENC, apply for WBENC WBE Certification.
- Once you have WBENC Certification, sign into your account with the SDO here.
- From the home screen, click "Library" on the upper right of your screen.
- Click "Document Category," and choose "Job Aids."
- Click "Search."
- Under "Download File" on the right, click on the PDF link for "Job Aid Certification Online Third-Party Application."
- Open the downloaded file and follow the instructions to receive SDO certification.
For assistance with this process, please contact the SDO at email@example.com.