6 Session Startup Series in Hardwick, VT - CWE VT - Feb 20-May 22
Taught and facilitated by Gwen Pokalo from the Center for Women & Enterprise Vermont, this six-session course is an opportunity to learn about and explore starting a business and provide participants with foundational knowledge about putting ideas into action and considerations to take when starting a business. The course is designed for women, open to all.
The sessions will include:
- Is Entrepreneurship Right For You? Explore the process and learn about the risks and rewards of starting your own business.
- Steps to Starting a Business. Develop your business ideas and planning, leave the session with an A-to-Z overview and specific tools and tips that will help you get started quickly.
- Legal Considerations for New Business Owners. Learn from an attorney about the range of legal issues to protect and ensure success of your business.
- Financing Strategies: Learn from the Experts. Understand the variety of financing options available to you as a new business owner, and strategies for raising funds as well as hear from lenders about what lenders and investors look for when making financial decisions.
- Business Plan Basics. This workshop provides an overview of writing a business plan – from the “What?” to the “Why?” and “How?”
Wednesdays, February 20, March 6, March 20, April 24, May 15, and May 22
From 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Hazen Union School
126 Hazen Union Dr.
Hardwick, VT 05843
Fee: Enrollment is free of charge; made possible by the Vermont Women’s Fund, Vermont Community Foundation, and the Center for Women & Enterprise. Spark is a project of WonderArts. Limited seats are available.
Must register for the series to attend, and a commitment to attend all sessions is appreciated.
Registration: Please click here to register for this course.